Formed in 1995 and 100% industry owned through the New Zealand Institute of Architects and the Registered Master Builders’ Association, Construction Information Limited (CIL) provides the Masterspec specification systems to architects, engineers, designers, utility companies, government organisations and tertiary institutions.
Built for the New Zealand construction industry, Masterspec accesses expertly written, pre-formatted database libraries of specification clauses, and users can select and customise sections to produce detailed specifications that are up-to-date and reference the latest codes and standards.
Products include seven fully-maintained Masterspec specification libraries with more than 1,000 work sections covering the entire construction process. More than 1,400 New Zealand design practices use Masterspec to specify an estimated $9 billion worth of building work annually.
To complement the specification product Masterspec also offers:
- access to the full specification system via NextGen2, an industry-leading cloud-based (SAAS) platform
- a curated and maintained set of over 600 New Zealand construction-related Standards which can be accessed through live links within work sections via a Standards NZ Online subscription
- the miproducts – a national product database featuring nearly 1,000 product manufacturers and suppliers, from which the Masterspec system draws up-to-the-minute product data for specifiers.
- MasterKey – an advanced tool dynamically linking specifications to drawings through live keynotes
- branded sections which are developed and then integrated into the specification system for Masterspec Product Partners
Moddex is the leading supplier of low-risk, compliant modular balustrade and handrail systems.
Our modular barrier systems offer the industry’s lowest lifetime cost of ownership. And because we know our products so well, we’re the first choice where any degree of engineering complexity in design, program or resources is needed.
With our no-weld barrier systems, you’ll minimise time on site – no toxic fumes, no site shutdown, no hot works permits or welding zones. For your project, it’s business as usual while your Moddex railings and balustrades are being installed. This means your project timelines shrink and your profit margins improve.
With Moddex technical know-how and innovative, weld-free products, we help solve the unique challenges of civil infrastructure projects as well as those of the defence, construction, mining, transport, education and public utilities sectors.
With offices in Auckland and Christchurch, wherever you are, there’s a Moddex team and warehouse not too far away – and our technical advisers are always at the end of the phone.
Moddex is a Masterspec Product Partner and our editable templates are available in Masterspec specification – 4. Enclosure (4852ME).
We have created branded work-sections relating to specific Moddex Systems:
Assistrail® Disability Handrails are designed for use across ramps, stairs and walkways, with flush connections for a smoother, safer finish. You will have the peace of mind of knowing that Moddex Disability Handrails comply with the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA). It also adapts to every building classification within the National Construction Code (NCC) and the New Zealand Building Code.
Bikesafe® Bikeway Barriers provide the ultimate protection for cyclists travelling at speed. Moddex Bikeway Barriers designs align with Austroads Guide to Road Design Part 6A and 6B and the NZTA Bridge Manual. Thus, providing the ultimate protection for cyclists travelling at speed.
Conectabal® Commercial Balustrades prevent injuries or falls from retaining walls and elevated areas. Moddex commercial and industrial balustrades offer a high safety load rating. As a result, achieving compliance with every standard in any application.
Tuffrail® Industrial Handrails deliver AS 1657.2018 and NZS 1657.1992 protection for workers across mezzanines, platforms & walkways.
Moddex Masterspec support
While working within a work section, a designer has the option of selecting a ‘contact’ icon to request assistance from Moddex. This assists the designer to ensure the product is correctly specified and that the specification is accurate by getting specific information from a Moddex specialist.
Moddex Masterspec commitment
To be effective for users, all Masterspec content must be up-to-date and well maintained. As a Product Partner, we make the following commitments:
- All Moddex content on Masterspec is current and accurate, can be quickly accessed by users and is presented in a standardised format.
- Every Moddex system and component is fully compliant with New Zealand Standards.
- All links from Masterspec to the Moddex website are up to date, ensuring that users have easy access to CAD files and other design and specification data.
- Every request for information and support will be promptly responded to by a Moddex product specialist.
That’s our guarantee to you. At Moddex, everything fits™.
Ready to find out how Moddex can help you? Talk to our expert team by calling us on 0800 663 339 or email email@example.com with your inquiry. We look forward to hearing from you.