Off-site manufacturing has been gaining traction in the construction and infrastructure industries, offering numerous benefits over traditional on-site construction methods. From increased efficiency and reduced waste, to improved safety and reduced carbon footprint, off-site manufacturing is quickly becoming the preferred method for construction projects of all sizes.
Off-site manufacturing involves the production of components and systems in a controlled environment, using advanced manufacturing techniques. This approach allows for greater control over the production process, resulting in a consistent and high-quality products. It also minimizes on-site disruptions and reduces the risk of errors and rework, leading to increased efficiency and cost savings for clients.
Off-site Manufacturing & Sustainability
Off-site manufacturing reduces the environmental impact of construction in several ways:
- Reduced waste: Prefabrication of components in a controlled factory environment can reduce on-site waste due to more accurate measurement and reduced handling.
- Lower energy consumption: Off-site manufacturing can reduce energy consumption by centralizing the use of equipment, tools and lighting in the factory, instead of having separate on-site setup.
- Reduced transportation emissions: Prefabricated components can be transported to the construction site, reducing the need for multiple trips to the site for materials and equipment.
- Better quality control: Off-site manufacturing allows for better quality control and more consistent results, reducing the need for costly repairs and rework, which can result in less material waste.
Moddex Modular Systems
As a leading provider of modular handrail, balustrade and walkway solutions for the construction and infrastructure industries, Moddex leverages off-site manufacturing to produce high-quality, pre-engineered solutions.
Moddex design and manufacture all material inhouse, which gives us the advantage of streamlining our production process, reducing waste, and improving lead times, leading to increased efficiency and cost savings for clients.
Moddex End to End Process
Our End to End process is designed to provide clients with a seamless and efficient barrier solution for their project. From consultation to design and installation, Moddex leverages the off-site manufacturing process to allow greater control and produce quality products for our clients.
The Moddex process can be outlined as follows:
- Consultation & Compliance Advice: The first step in the Moddex process is consultation, where the company works with clients to understand their project specific needs and requirements. This includes assessing the project site, advising on compliance requirements, reviewing design specifications, and discussing any potential challenges or constraints.
- Proposal Submission: We then develop and submit a project proposal for approval with costings, plans, producer statements and specifications for every product.
- Design and Engineering: Once the consultation is complete and the proposal is approved, Moddex’s team of designers works to design shop drawings for stakeholder sign off. This includes creating detailed 3D models.
- Production Management: With the design complete and approved, Moddex utilizes off-site manufacturing to produce the pre-engineered handrails in-house. This process is done in a controlled environment, using advanced manufacturing techniques to ensure consistent and precise production.
- Delivery and Installation: Moddex delivers the material to site flat packed, along with installation drawings. Our pre-engineered handrails are designed for quick and easy installation, reducing the need for on-site fabrication, and minimizing the risk of on-site errors. A network of accredited installers ensures a compliant installation, with a maintenance manual, product and warranty certifications supplied at the end of every installation.
Talk to Moddex for your next project
Moddex modular handrail and balustrade systems are more than a collection of great looking, easily installed and compliant components. It is a cleverly crafted, unique process for infrastructure projects that combines modular systems with offsite manufacturing. If you’re looking to streamline your next project, contact us today. We will work with you to find the best solution for your specific needs and ensure a successful outcome.
AU – 1800 663 339 | firstname.lastname@example.org
NZ – 0800 663 339 | email@example.com