The Victorian Government has heavily invested in infrastructure projects with a record $13.4 billion going into the elimination of level crossings across metropolitan Melbourne, rail network upgrades, new train stations, track duplication and track stabling yards.
Minister for Transport Infrastructure Jacinta Allan said; “We’re delivering the projects that will keep Victorians moving …”
The Level Crossing Removal Authority (LXRA) was formed in 2015 to oversee the removal of 75 dangerous and congested level crossings by 2025, the largest project of its kind in Victorian history.
By 2019, the LXRA was abolished and its functions were absorbed into the Major Transport Infrastructure Authority (MTIA). The MTIA oversees all major transport projects in Victoria, including the Level Crossing Removal Project Teams and Rail Projects Victoria.
Among the various projects, there a number of which Moddex has been involved in that are now delivered and operational:
Moddex Value Chain: Why we were selected
The Moddex value proposition is dedicated to saving you time, money and worry – from concept to delivery.
Having worked with several of the lead contractors prior, they knew that they could trust the expert design and manufacturing teams at Moddex to deliver the ultimate, durable and flexible solution. At Moddex, we provide you with:
- Complete compliance advice, design & engineering services
- Stress offload on projects with complex regulatory and engineering challenges
Key benefits for the Design Team
By involving Moddex early in the project, we have been able to continuously innovate our handrail system to solve for the different challenges that arise on each level crossing removal project.
Significant time and dollars were saved by identifying opportunities to save custom fabrication costs and combine solutions (i.e. walkway bracket affixed to handrail stanchion, integration with existing balustrade systems).
Key Benefits for the Construction Team
- Complete delivery in kit form with all necessary pre-cut components and easy to follow installation drawings
- No welding – so no hot-works license and no site disruption saving time and money
- Faster, cleaner and unobtrusive installations – all materials including our unique DEXX locking screws come packed in kit form with an easy-to-follow Moddex install guide
- As always, 100% Australia and NZ industry-standard compliance guaranteed – i.e. AS1647, AS1170 and AS1428.
- Modular configurations are perfect for working flexibly around constantly-irregular angles and gaps
- Extreme usability a huge plus, particularly when working on-the-fly with fluctuating site conditions and varying site availability times.
- High ease of use and a very construction-friendly system. The confidence in being able to leave the install teams to run autonomously
- High responsiveness of the Moddex project management team to deliver components such as stanchions and elbow joints pre-assembled as required and ready to bolt in.
- Install teams can move in quickly when stages open and meet project deadlines
Key Benefits for the Asset Owner
Ultimate quality and longevity in the final product:
- Pre-designed flowing configurations lock together tightly, giving a quality finish and protecting against corrosion and weathering
- Highest-quality raw materials in all modular components and systems resulting in lowest lifetime cost of ownership
- 100% industry compliance guaranteed for complete peace of mind when it comes to safety, security and durability
Trust in an Award-Winning Supplier
By selecting a Moddex system, the project teams within the various Level Crossing Removal consortiums have invested in a pre-engineered, durable and low-cost-of-ownership solution.
As a result of our consistently high customer NPS score, involvement on the Caufield to Dandenong project and ability to deliver on time and on budget – Moddex is a proud recipient of Supplier of the Year 2019 at the Australian Construction Awards.
At Moddex, we work dynamically to find solutions by innovating our product range to meet the unique requirements of each project. We make sure that Everything FitsTM.
Find out more
Call us today on 1800 663 339 to find out how we can help accommodate every potential hurdle to bring 100% success to you and your project.