Moddex: Preserving past and present culture
Our team at Moddex comes from a wide range of diverse backgrounds, and embracing this diversity enables us to better serve our customers and community. We were excited at the opportunity to add this value to South Australia’s Newest wastewater treatment plant in Murray Bridge.
South-east of Adelaide, the plant is fully operational with a capacity to process up to 4.5 million litres of sewage a day from more than 14,000 people. A key initiative of the project was to ensure extensive consultation and project integration with the traditional Ngarrindjeri people.
This included the naming of the project site, with a suitable Ngarrindjeri name for the site to be provided through consultation with the Ngarrindjeri Regional Authority. This is a key step to contribute towards the survival of the Ngarrindjeri language.
The $52 million project received an ‘excellent’ design rating by the Infrastructure Sustainability Council of Australia (ISCA). The treatment plant has been awarded the highest design rating for a water or wastewater project in Australia to date, achieving a score of 72, outdoing the previous leader on 69.
The Murray Bridge project has strengthened participation of the local community in planning for improved sanitation, additionally supporting regional economic growth and community well-being.
As part of the project, a key focus was the development of strategies that maximise employment and training opportunities, particularly for the Ngarrindjeri community.
Some of the major community outcomes include:
- Provision of local employment and opportunities for local businesses.
- Investment in leading technology for a reliable, sustainable and resilient wastewater infrastructure.
- Community togetherness through the delivery of school engagement programs and collaborative community educational and engagement programs.
- Investment in recreational, arts and cultural activities including the establishment of an urban landscape design in direct consultation with key stakeholders which is based on and represents the unique Ngarrindjeri culture and riverine history of the region.
The Moddex difference
Moddex has previously worked alongside SA Water to deliver successful outcomes through the use of our Moddex Aluminium products. The Moddex handrails supported the unique goals of this project, providing our client peace of mind on site safety, accessibility, and productivity during installation.
To combat a highly corrosive environment, Moddex supplied the proprietary Tuffrail® range in aluminium. The marine-grade aluminium rails have a high corrosion resistance and are engineered to withstand extreme conditions, extend product life, and reduce maintenance costs.
Lightweight in nature, the Tuffrail® range made for a swift installation through the ease of lifting and installing parts in hard to reach spaces.
Get in touch to discuss your next project
With Moddex, Everything Fits™.
Talk to our expert team by calling or emailing us with your enquiry:
· Australia: 1800 663 339 or email@example.com
· New Zealand: 0800 663 339 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to serving you.