Moddex: A bridge to the future: saving travel time for TfNSW
The NSW Government engaged Fulton Hogan to undertake major construction work on the 9.8 Km Albion Park Rail bypass beginning in January 2019.
Key project features:
- Connecting the new 9.8 Km motorway to the existing Princes Motorway at Dapto and Oak Flats
- Two new interchanges at the Illawarra Highway and Tongarra Road
- Local road upgrades at Tongarra Road and Yallah Road
- Thirteen bridges
- Earthworks including embankments in the floodplain
- Facilities for pedestrians and cyclists.
The bypass will improve access for motorists during a flood event. Access will be maintained along the motorway during a one in 100 year flood event. The bypass will also provide an alternative route to the Princes Highway and replace the section of the Illawarra Highway most affected by flooding. The project will improve accessibility for local residents in Albion Park and will improve reliability of access and reduce the need for road closures due to flooding.
- Up to 30 per cent travel time saving
- Increased road capacity
- Improve the efficient movement of freight
- Six times less likely to crash
- Reduce flood impacts
- Improved connectivity for the Albion Park community
- Up to 16 intersections bypassed
- Better and more reliable trips for locals, tourists, businesses and freight
- Last town to be bypassed between Sydney and Bomaderry
The Moddex difference
A $630 million project funded by the NSW Government to complete the ‘missing link’ for a high standard road between Sydney and Bomaderry, Moddex again proved its ability to meet the challenge again with seamless supply of our modular solutions. An important freight, bus and tourist route, the bypass was opened in October 2021, and work was completed early 2022.
With a track record of providing safe and effective handrail and balustrade solutions, Moddex was appointed to supply Bikesafe BS10, BS30 & Bridgerail™ BR45 for handrails to safe access to shared paths, maintenance bridges and pedestrian bridge balustrades.
Having worked closely with Fulton Hogan across numerous projects, they were confident Moddex could supply the ideal solution to support the completion of the infrastructure. The balustrade had to be aesthetically pleasing for the public eye and enjoyment while meeting compliance with all Australian Standards. We consulted closely with the client to identify and select a design that met safety and style requirements.
Get in touch to discuss your next project
With Moddex, Everything Fits™.
Talk to our expert team by calling or emailing us with your enquiry:
· Australia: 1800 663 339 or email@example.com
· New Zealand: 0800 663 339 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to serving you.