Foster Construction were contracted to construct an entrance at the Rotorua Pak n Save Click & Collect point.
Being a public area, it was important that the entrance was constructed within a short timeframe to ensure the work was conducted with little disruption to the public as possible.
Foster Construction contacted Moddex with a need for a full ramp and handrail solution. Our off-site manufactured Ezibilt Ramp and Stair System was the obvious solution. The great advantage of the Ezibilt system, is that it is manufactured off-site and installable with simple tools, which not only ticked the boxes for a massive time saver on site, but could guarantee compliance to regulatory standards.
Typical timber ramps can take up to 3 weeks to construct, including council inspections in between and the need for fairly skilled labour to build. With the Moddex Ezibilt system, we could offer the following benefits to our client:
- Reduce the need for complex, on site measuring.
- Speed up the manufacture and delivery process.
- Supplied complete with all fixings, boards and clear easy to follow installation instructions, designed for simple assembly.
- Produced offsite, as a kitset and installed within a few days.
- Compliant to the NZBC D1 Access Routes, and was supplied complete with an engineering producer statement to achieve compliance to council regulations.
- Flexible Cladding options so the ramp could tie into the existing building’s look and feel.
This brought significant time saving efficiencies on site with install being completed within 3 days. The end result was a fully compliant, fit-for-purpose ramp solution – not to mention a happy client!