As part of the Government’s School Property Rebuild Programme, a new classroom block was built at Horotui School to expand their resources and cater for the growing number of students.
Moddex supplied and installed handrails along the decks and on the access ramps and stairs. The project presented some unique challenges with stanchion positioning, which was overcome by specialist fixings and the quick and innovative thinking of the project team, who worked swiftly and professionally to solve the problem.
Why was Moddex product selected?
- Fast turn around times due to being an off-the-shelf solution.
- The guarantee of compliance to NZS 4121:2001 and the New Zealand Building Code.
- 100% compliance-tested for complete peace of mind when it came to safety, security and durability.
- Our systems could be assembled without welding, eliminating hot works permits, toxic fumes and safety hazards for installers, teachers and students.
- Quick & easy installation, meaning significant savings in labour costs onsite.